Financial aid awards are need-based and must be applied for during the admissions process. SJCS uses FACTS to evaluate financial aid eligibility.
SJCS Tuition Assistance
(Deadline February 20th)
Any current family or any new family may apply for this need-based award.
Visit and complete FACTS Grant & Aid website application by February 20th. Please be sure to provide FACTS with the requested supporting tax documentation. There is a one-time fee of $30 to apply.
GRACE Scholars, Inc., is the official student scholarship organization (SSO) for the schools sponsored by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta. All students receiving GRACE Awards have demonstrated financial need as determined by a third-party analysis of a family’s ability to pay tuition.
Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta reserve the right to decline funding from SSOs which do not award scholarships based on financial need. In addition, the maximum amount of SSO scholarships awarded to students in Archdiocesan Schools is the lowest of the following: student’s calculated financial need; 80% of the tuition rate applicable to the student; an index of per-pupil public school spending in Georgia; and, the maximum cap established by the local school.
GRACE Scholars, Inc., welcomes the transfer of funding from one SSO to another as allowed by state law. In these instances, the school reserves the right to award GRACE scholarships in accordance with local procedures.
- Apply for admission to St. Joseph Catholic School
- Apply for financial Aid via FACTS by February 20th
- Submit an application to GRACE Scholars
- A student must be a resident of the state of Georgia
- Families must demonstrate a financial need for children in grades PreK-12 for use at approved Catholic schools located in the State of Georgia.
- The student is either entering a Catholic school for the first time at the second grade or above from a Georgia public school or a child eligible to enter first grade, kindergarten or an accredited pre-kindergarten program is eligible for GRACE.
For more information and to apply for GRACE, visit their website.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Hispanic Scholarship
- These awards are funded through the generous donations of individual parishioners at St. Joseph Catholic Church.
Hispanic families, who are currently registered at St. Joseph Catholic Church, may apply for this need-based scholarship.
Only applicants who meet the criteria and have their financial aid application completed by the due date will be considered for this need-based scholarship.
This scholarship is an annual award and must be applied for each year.
How do I apply for this scholarship?
The first step is to submit your child’s application to the school. The application can be accessed online at our Admissions portal. Additionally, you will need to apply online to FACTS Grant and Aid. Once your information is reviewed, the Financial Aid Committee will determine the financial need. All families will receive notification of their financial aid awards.
For specific details regarding this scholarship, please call 770/428-3328.
Senate Bill 10 Scholarship (SB 10)
St. Joseph Catholic School is pleased to partner with the State of Georgia to provide educational services to students with special needs. Students who are currently being served within the public school Special Education Program and who have an active IEP may apply for the Senate Bill 10 scholarship (SB10).*
While St. Joseph Catholic School can meet the needs of many students who have mild special educational needs, we are not able to provide services for all students with disabilities. Acceptance to St. Joseph Catholic School will be determined through the information provided to the school, and all applicants must meet the standard acceptance criteria of the school.
Prospective students must complete the standard application packet, as well as the additional requirements listed below:
- Two teacher recommendation forms:
- Recommendation #1 must be from the regular education teacher
- Recommendation #2 must be from the special education teacher
- Copy of all psycho educational testing
- Copy of current IEP
If additional information is needed to determine if St. Joseph Catholic School is the appropriate educational setting for your child, we may request an observation of your student in their current school setting.
*For additional information on Senate Bill 10, please visit the GaDOE Georgia Special Needs Scholarship website.