The St. Joseph Catholic School Drama Program is an award-winning developmental program for the middle school-aged students who are interested in all aspects of musical theater.
Highlights of our program inlcude:
- Two musicals per school year; January & May
- Middle school students produce and star in these productions
- All areas of musical production, performance, and choreography are taught during the year.
SJCS drama students also participate in the Junior Theatre Festival competition each year. At the Festival, students learn the basics of acting, singing, and dancing, while also competing with different drama programs throughout the United States. Students are asked to showcase one selection from a musical while competing.
Listed below are some of the awards our Drama Program has won while at the Junior Theatre Festival:
- 2015 - SJCS students were awarded the Freddie G Award for Excellence in Dance
- 2014 - SJCS students were awarded the Freddie G Award for Excellence in Dance & One of the drama students was awarded the Freddie G All-Festival Male Performance Award
- 2012 - Two drama students were awarded the Freddie G Outstanding Achievement in Student Direction and Choreography Award
- 2011 - Two drama students were awarded the Freddie G Outstanding Achievement in Student Direction and Choreography Award
- 2010 - SJCS students were awarded the Freddie G Outstanding Achievement Award for Student Choreography
The Drama program is directed by Mrs. Denise Mott.